Monday, August 29, 2016

Ultima Semana en el CCM y Primer en el campo!

Where to begin!

CCM

The last week was about the same. It was pretty hard to leave my district, I am really going to miss those guys, but I was so excited to leave the CCM and get to the Mission field. Also some quck updates about the last week is one during sports we were just shooting around, so I aksed Elder Hughes, (the guy who is going to be a linebacker for wyoming when he gets back) if he wanted to play 1 on 1. I beat him, so he said we had to do 2 out of 3. Well, that turned in to 3 out of 5. I won the series 3-1. It was fun. 

Mission Field

So, I woke up at 2:30 AM, everbody going to Honduras met in the downstairs at 3:00 AM. From there we drove a bus to the airport and flew from Guatemala to El Salvador, y from El Salvador to San Pedro. From here we went to the Banke, or the Stake Center in San Pedro. Here we had a bunch of meatings and information obout the mission. After this we were all paired with an older Elder, and went to work. I went with Elder Elmer. It was pretty awesome, we talked to some people and had one lesson with this lady let us in. I also got to ride a Rapidito (Fast little thing) It was a little tiny van, basically a taxi, and there were about 12 seats with 20 people. It was pretty crazy. The driving down here is pretty crazy. Then I went to my interview with President. After this we all went to have dinner at President Bush house. Despues that we went and slept at the AP (Asistent to Presidents) house. Then the next morning we found out wich area we would be in and who our Companion was.

My area is Smith 1, in the middle of San Pedro Sula! My Companion is Elder Lowder from Washington the State. He is a really cool guy. It´s pretty hard having a gringo, or white guy at first, because I am so tempted to speak English, but he is a great guy. We are both new to the area Smith 1, so this first week has been really interesting. I don´t know spanish, and we both don´t know any people or where we are. But it´s been good. It´s getting better. As for spanish, I can´t understand hardly anyone. Sometimes I feel like I understand a lot from one person, but then there some people, and I wonder if it is even Spanish. But it is really good. The area we are in is the the Hermanas were preveously. There was also a Baptism on Sunday. Tecnically my first baptism, but I don´t feel like it counts because I don´t really know him. It was the hermanas who tough him. 

Honduras is awesome! I don´t know how to explain it. I am not good at expalining things... But it is HOT. I am always sweating. I never though the fan would be my best friend. But no joke, I take a break from study in the morning where the fan is and go to the bathroom, and imediately I am sweating. But It is great. I love the food, the people are great even though I can´t understand what they are saying half the time. I love being a misionary. 

Well, I love you all! I can´t believe I am actually here! This is truly a blessing that I can be doing this work. The work of God!

--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Honduras San Pedro Sula West Mission
Guatemala Missionary Training Center
Bulevar Vista Hermosa 23-71
Vista Hermosa I, Zona 15
01015 Guatemala City
Guatemala 

No comments: