Monday, May 15, 2017

What´s our Goal?

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! Hey everybodoy! I hope everyone had a great mother´s day! I know I did! I was so blessed to be able to speak with my mother and some of my family! I love my family so much, and am so grateful for them in my life! 

This week has been a really good! Full of growth, and continued learing! I just wanted to share a quick story about the importance of following the spirit always. I have been trying to improve and listen and following the spirits promptings, and need to continue to do so, but this week, as my companion and I were walking to an appointment there was a man sitting down by the side of the road (This is not rare) and we said hey and continued walking, as we walked by the thought came to my mind, "Go back," Immediatly I said to my companion, lets go talk to this guy, as we returned we sat by him and begain to talk. He expressed some difficulties that he had had, and we ended up talking to him for a while. To finish he told us how as we passed and prayed to God that we would return so he could talk to someone! 

I know that God answeres prayers! I know that God loves his children! The Holy Ghost is real, and will speak to us and guide us if we are willing to listen.

The next big thing of this week was speaking with my family! What a blessing we are given with loving parents and family and friends! As I was speaking with my family I was overcome by the great I love I have for each of them! As I was reading the scriptures this morning in 2 Nephi 9 (I would deffinantly reccomend it) I was overcome by the joy of the Atonement of Christ as well as the great desire and excitement to return with him! 

But, behold, the righteousthe saints of the Holy One of Israel, they who have believed in the Holy One of Israel, they who have endured the crosses of the world, and despised the shame of it, they shall inherit the kingdom of God, which was prepared for them from the foundation of the world, and their joy shall be full forever.

I feel that this scripture has great significance for each and everyone of us! I love the part that says "That which was prepared for them from the foundation of the world, and their joy shall be full forever!" The kingdow of God is prepared for us! It is our choice if we want to be saints, if we want to work and be faithful, and ultimatley, if we want our joy to be full forever. 

I love each and every one of you! I can´t wait to be in the kingdom of God, to be able to give my Father in Heavan a great big hug, as well as our older brother Jesus Christ! I also can´t wait to see my family, to tell them we made it, and to be reunited with each and everyone of them including Jason! I also can´t wait to see each and every one of you! 

I love you all! This is my hope! This is my greatest desire! To be reunited in the Kingdom of God (Celestial Kingdom) with my family and friends, and all those who I have looked to as examples! I invite us all to keep going! To keep working, and to let this be our goal! After all, it is the goal of our Father, "To bring to pass the imortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39

I know that God has restoured his gospel as well as his authority so that this work can continue! So that we can achieve and make this goal! I know God loves us! I know Christ lives! And because he lives, we all will live again! This is the work of God! Of this I testify!

I love you all! I wish all you mothers a very happy Mother´s Day yesterday! 
--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: