Monday, July 17, 2017

High Love and High Expectations

Helo eveyone! I hope you all are doing well! First thing first, I hope you are all enjoying your summer, and I love you all so much! I can´t believe how fast time is flying by. It´s already July. I can´t believe it. 

Well, this week was a great week in Honduras. I am so grateful for a father in Heavan who loves us, and cares about us. On monday we had a P-day with the Copan Zone and President and Hermana Bush. It was lots of fun. Although, what made me most excited was that Elder Dixon brought a football. It felt so great to play a little football again! But then tuesday we had a Zone Conference, and I was able to learn so much, recieve many answers to my prayers, and the most important feel the spirit and love of God. 

From what I was able to learn, what most struck me was the importance of teaching with the spirit. The Holy Ghost is the teacher, and we are the instruments. We also talked about the importance of having a lot of love and high expectations towards our investigadors and all people in general to help them change. I found the comparison especially interesting because God the Father is our perfect example. He has the greatest amount of love, and showed this love by sending his son Jesus Christ to atone for our sins (John 3:16). He also has very high expectations, as a matter of fact, he expects us to be perfet, even as he is perfect (Matthew 5:48, 3 Nephi 12:48).

I truly believe, that as we love our fellow men, and have high expectations for them, allowing them to make there own decisions these people will have the desire to change, they will have the desire to do the right. 

The rest of the week went well, and we are extremely excited for our investigadors! One of our investigadors, Haroldo is going to get baptized this saturday, Alma the 29th, and we have another family that is progressing alot, and we want to put a date with them this week! I love the mission work! I know this is the work of God!

I know that this is the church of Chirst! I know that Christ lives, that he payed for our sins to give us the oppurtunity to change, to repent, to come unto him. I know that he leads the church through prophets and apostles, as he has done so from the beggining of times! I love you all! As sons a doughters of our father in Heavan, he wants us all to come home. As your brother, I invite you all to follow Christ, for he is who will guide us there!

I love you all! Have a great week!

--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: