Monday, July 3, 2017

Try to be like Him

Hey everyone! Life is going well here in Honduras! I don´t have a lot of time today, so, sorry if my letter´s a little shorter then normal. 

But we are doing well. We just keep working hard. The investigadors we have are doing well, but there progression has kind of slowed down. We really hope that we can help keep going. We did find a new family the other week that is excelent, there going to come to church yesterday, but got sick. They are reading the Book of Mormon, and really have a desire to know if what we are sharing is true. I also feel like they really understand what we are sharing. 

I guess my moto for this week and my life is to keep working. I know that Jesus Christ has set the perfect example for each of us and we need to follow his example. Today we went to a waterfall with some youth and kids from the rama, and one of the girls, Annita got mad because another kid hit her with a stick. Well she felt justified (Like we all do at times) to hit him back. But afterwards I was talking to her, and asked her what Jesus would had done. She told me be nice. Afterwards we were able to talk a little about how we can follow the example of christ and love everyone, even when the treat us bad. 

Afterwards I began to think in my mind about what I was teaching, and if I was truly applying the principle in my life. Are we really following the example of Jesus Christ?

I began to sing the primary song, 

I´m trying to be like Jesus
I´m following in his ways
I watch for the day with gladness 
when jesus will come again
at times I am tempted to make the wrong choice
but the Holy spirit enters into my voice saying
Love one another as Jesus loves you
Try to show kindness in all that you do
gentle and loving in deed and in thought
for these are the things Jesus tought

It is my hope and prayer that we all can follow the example of Jesus Christ. I know it´s difficult, but as we strive, as we struggle, as we pray, as we humble ourselves before God, he will help us change (Ether 12:27).

I love you all so much! I love this Gospel! I love our God! 
--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: