Monday, November 27, 2017

The Conditions of Repentance

Hola! I hope all is well! I am doing great! This weeke! has been a verry good one! Elder Chavarría and I are working hard. This week José Roberto Armijo was baptized! He was so excited! We are working with lots of great people. Right now we have 7 investigadors who are preparing to be Baptized. The Chinchilla family, Carlos, Jacoba, Scarlet, the Sauceda Family, Miguel, Gladys, y Miguel hijo, and Wilmer Salgado. There are all great people who have great desires to follow Christ. I love them all so much. We were also able to find another great family this last week who told us they would like to come to church. I love being a missionary and seeing how the spirit works, and the great love God us for us as his children. 

This last week, I have been studying more the life of Christ, and focusing my studies in the Book of Mormon on his atonement. As I have done so, I came across a Scripture that I loved! I was reading in the Book of Helaman, and Samuel the Lamanite teaches, 

"But behold, the resurrection of Christ redeemeth mankind, yea, even all mankind, and bringeth them back into the presence of the Lord" (Helaman 14:17). 

Thanks to the Atonement of Christ. Thanks to the love of our Heavanly Father, as well as the love of our Lord and Savior, al of us, all mankind has been saved from the fall. We are reddeamed and will return to the presence of God. Although, Samuel continues, 

"Yea, and it bringeth to pass the condition of repentance, that whosoever repenteth the same is not hewn down and cast into the fire; but whosoever repenteth not is hewn down and cast into the fire; and there cometh upon them again a spiritual death, yea, a second death, for they are cut off again as to things pertaining to righteousness.
Therefore repent ye, repent ye, lest by knowing these things and not doing them ye shall suffer yourselves to come under condemnation, and ye are brought down unto this second death" (Heleman 14:18-19).

Thanks to Christ we have been granted salvation, as well as a time to prepare ourselves to meet God. For the scriptures teach no unclean thing can dwell in his presence (3 Nephi 27:19) so if we desire to stay with him and recieve the Eternal Life we must be willing to Obey Christ and follow the conditions of Repentance, which we know as the Gospel of Jesus Christ; Having Faith in Him, Repenting of our sins, being baptized by his power and authority, recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring the end which includes recieving other ordenances such as recieving the priesthood for men, and going to the temple and being endowed and sealed as eternal families. 

I know these things are true! I know that Jesus Christ lives! He has offered us all Eternal Life, but we must choose to follow him. We must choose to follow the conditions of repentance. I know That Joseph Smith was and is a true prophet. I know the fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored that we might return and stay with God forever!

I love you all! It is my hope and prayer, and more so the hope and prayer of our loving Heavanly Father that we all choose to trust in him and choose Eternal Life through Jesus Christ! I love you all!


--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: