Monday, April 9, 2018

Minister: See the potential

This week has been a great one! It turns out I had changes again. I am know in Cofradía which is like a pueblito. My companion is Elder Fragata from Xanxere Brazil. He is from southern Brazil, and has 3 months in the mission. Ajora eu esto aprendedo portugués! My companion is super cool, and has a lot of desire to work. I am excited to work with him, and the ward here is really great as well! There is a lot of work to do! The week has been good, mostly just getting to know my new area, my new companions, the members and investigadors and doing a lot of contacting. But, I am super excited!

This week I have really been pondering on the words of the servants of the Lord, and have been thinking about how I can apply it into my missionary life. I was especially thinking of the talks and invitations we recieved to fulfill the two great commandments of our Lord "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart might mind and strength and thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." I was thinking about how we can more fully "minister" to our brothers and sisters and show them the christ like love we all need. I was amazed as I studied more about what the word "Minister actually means. I found out that the word Minister is  "to fulfill the work of the Lord. Or to literally represent the Lord." I began to reflect on how well I represent the Lord. I wonder what Christ would really do if he were where we are?

I loved a comment I heard in the Priesthood Meating yesterday as we discussed repentance. One of the brothers here said that Repentance is like a little kid who is learning to walk, it takes time and practice. We won´t be perfect the first try. But he said that the parents are always there lifting the kid up and incouraging him to keep trying. 

I know that we are all from from perfect, and I also know that it is only through the grace and atonement of Christ that we can be perfected and this requires Repentance. When a child falls on his face its pretty hard to get back up and try again if the parents weren´t there to support him and give him hope. As representatives of Jesus Christ we must be those who lift our fallen brothers and give them hope. There are so many great people who are ashamed, embaraced and afraid, but that is why we must minister. Repentance is a blessing! And we must help our brothers and sisters recongnize that too! We must give them a reason to hope and try again! This is the Doctrine of Christ! This is the purpose he came to this world! 

I know that Jesus Christ lives! I know that he is our light, our life, and our hope for a brighter future! I know that repentance is positive, and we must love our borthers and sisters, we must minister to them and give them a reason to hope. We must see them with thier devine potential which we all have as children of God!

I love you all!

   

--


Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Colonia Prado Alto 22 Calle 10 Avenida S.O
100 metros al Este de Bullevar del Sur
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: