Monday, October 31, 2016

Hola Todos! Levi has brought to my attention that I need to be more detailed in my emails, entonces here we go :)

This week has been a great week! I feel like I have learned and grown a lot. I will talk more about this at the end (I guess this is the spritual stuff that might be boring, but it´s my life right now and I love it!) But First let me explain what has happened this week.

At the first of this week I got sick for the first time. We came home tuesday night, and my stomach was feeling a little wierd, we planed, and went to bed. I tried to sleep for about an hour and a half, untill 11:30, and then it started. The rest of the night I was having diariah and throwing up until about 4. Then finally I was able to sleep until 5:35 when Elder Lowder woke me up telling me it was time to go to the gym (I don´t think I have mentioned this, but I have been going to the gym every morning for a month, and by the way I have lost 15 pounds!) But I told him I was going because I was so tired. So instead I woke up at 6:30. That day was rough because I was soooo tired, but I didn´t feel sick any more. Now, the other big news is, Elder Chavaria and Elder Jensen, the other Misionaries in Bario Smith can´t work for 10 days. This started tueday. Elder Jensen is super sick, so he can´t leave, so this week Elder Lowder and I did Divisions with them a lot. So Elder Chavaria could work. 

Now, as for what´s happening with la obra misional, it´s been hard for Elder Lowder and I! We are working very hard, we are teaching, but people have there agency. One of our investigadors in particular, Marietha. Her mom is baptized, but she want´s her baptism to be her decision, she is so great! She knows the Chruch is true, but just doesn´t want to commit! But she is great, and I know she will be baptized. 

Now, a little more about what my life is like. I live in an upstairs apartment where we have a 2 room house with a very small bathroom. My daily process goes as follows. I wake up at 5:35 monday-friday (This is the hardest part of the day for me) we go and lift until 7:15-7:30, and then we go back home and prepare for the day. This includes showering (I can´t sing in the shower any more because the water is too cold) and getting dressed into dress pants, a white shirt, a tie, my plack that says Elder Harmon, and then I begin studying at 8:00 (I am not perfect, so sometimes it varries, 8:10, 8:15, but I´m working on it) That goes until 9:00. For Personal study I have focused my studies in the New Testaments! I always read in the Book of Mormon, and the I study the NT. I love the NT and the great doctrines that we can learn through Christ and his Apostles! Then I study Preach My Gospel (A book to help misionaries) and study for investigadors. (Yet Sometimes I don´t do as much of this as I should. Then at 9:00 Elder Lowder and I do Companionship study. Since I am being trained their is a book we go through together to help me improve as a misionary and know what I need to be doing. Then, at 11:00 we go to work. If we have an appointment we go there, if not we go talk to people or yell Buenas outside peoples gates (Because every house in Honduras has a locked gate outside thier house). Then at 12:00 we go to eat lunch at one of the members houses with our cocinera (I love her food! Even though it´s basically the same every time, rice beans, and chicken.) Then, we walk back to our house (which is about a 10-15 minutes walk.) I then I study Spanish! For this I read the Book of Mormon in spanish and do other language studies if I have time. Then, from 2-8 we work. We teach people in appointments, or we walk and find and talk to people. Then at 8:00 we eat food. We sometimes go home and eat something or we go buy something (Usually Baliadas). Then at 9:00 we plan, then I get ready for bed and read (Right now I´m reading Jesus the Christ, or I read the Leahona) And then we go to bed at 10:30, and start over again the next day. 

I love the mission! It´s interesting, I think a lot out here, but most recently I feel that more then anything the mission is an oppurtunity for us to grow personally so that we can grow and help all those in these 2 years of our mission, as well as all those throughout our whole lifes. I know that in these 3 months I have changed, and I will never be the same again! I have seen God in my life and I can´t deny it! I love this Gospel! I love you all! I hope this email is a little better :)

Love you all! 

--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: