Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Become like Christ!

Hey everyone! I am doing awesome here in Honduras! This week has been prety crazy! Let's see, last monday night I got a call, and was told that I would have changes, so Tuesday I spent saying goodbye to a lot of people! It was sad, I am really going to miss everyone from la Smith! But then on Tuesday night I was packing my bags getting all my stuff ready, and wondering where I would be going, then at about 10 algo President Bush called me and told me about my assignment. We talked for about 15-20 minutes about what I needed to do. He told me a lot, but it was hard to imagine without being here. But Basically I was assigned as Compañero Mayor (I don`t know how to say that in english) and District Leader in Copan Ruinas. I am also a conselor in the Branch Presidency. Here in Copan it`s a branch of about 30-35 active members. There is a lot of work to do, and I feel very humbled at the trust that God has in me, and hope that I can do my best and be an intrument in the hands of the Lord. Wesnessday, I got on the Bus, and headed for Copan, I left at about 10, and didn`t arrive in my area until like 3. My new Companion is Elder Lozano. He is a great elder, he has 4.5 months, and has a great desire to work hard and do good! He is from Mexico! It is super pretty her in copan, but verry diferent from San Pedro Sula. It isn`t as humid, which is nice. It is basically like a village, it is kind of like I am hiking every day. I love it here!

There are alot of great people here in copan, and the members that there are a really good. More then anything I feel like this branch needs to have more trust in God, and in themselves! The Branch President is really good as well.

There are just 4 in the district. My companion and I, and the Hermanas, Hermana Mora, and Hermana Lund. We share an area with the hermanas. The district is awesome! They are all verry good, they all are working hard, and have great testimonios. 

Yesterday we had an awesome opurtunidy to listen to Elder Christensen and Elder Alonzo, and there wifes, as well as President Bush and Hermana Bush, and the president of the east mission. It was so aweseome! I learned so much! I loved learning more about repentence and the importance of our personal conversion. I loved what Elder Christensen said, that repentance doesn`t mean that we make a list of all the bad things we do and repent of them, but that at the beggining and end of each day we evaluate our lives, we change, and we improve. As we change and become more like christ we are repenting! 

I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I know that this is his church! I know that he loves us! I am so grateful for Christ and his atonement! I am so grateful for the opurtunidad to serve and be a missionary! I love being a missionary! I am so grateful that I can change and improve! 

I am so grateful for each of you in my life! I love you all! 

--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: