Monday, June 5, 2017

Promise and a Blessing

Hey everyone! Life continues to go great here in Copan! This week was a really good week, and we have got really great investigadors. We are working with 3 families in specific. Suseli, and her 2 kids, Cristel y Brittani, Rosita, y Rene y Maria, and there 4 kids, Kebin, Elmer, Maria, and Riki. They are all great families, and have great desires to learn. We were really hoping that they would go to church yesterday, and they all said they would, but they didn´t. 

I love the mission so much! This week it has rained everyday, and I love it! I love the rain, the only bad part is my feet get wet, and my shoes, But thats part of the mission! 

This week we have really been trying to help the members understand the importance of the Sacrement, and what it really means. I feel that through teaching more about the sacrement more them anything I was able to learn. I would like to share a little with you all.

"Oh God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread (or water) to the souls of all those who partake of it; that they may eat in remembrance of the body (or Blood) of thy Son..."

This is the part where we reflect and remember and think about the atonement of Christ. We eat the bread in remembrance of the body of Jesus Christ, how he sacrificed, suffered and died, and then arose the third day so each and every one of us can life. 

"...and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing..."

Now, I would like to invite each of you to reflect this frase, and specifily what does the word "Wiling" mean? As we partake of the bread and water, we witness unto the father that we are willing! That we have the desire to follow and do, and keep these following 3 promises. 

1: "...they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son..."
2: "...they are willing to... always remember Him..."
3: "...they are willing to... keep his commandments which he hath given them..."

We are willing to act as christ acted, we are willing to represent him in all things, we are willing to remember him, love him, pray to him, read his words which are written in the holy scriptures, and we are willing to do as he has commanded, we are willing to be obedient. The next time we participate of the sacrement I would invite you to really think about these promises we make. Don´t just take the bread and water without thinking. Ask yourself, am I willing to do these 3 things. And as we are willing, as we work and do our best to keep these promises with our father in Heavan, he gives us the greatest gift of all!

"...that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen."

Know, let us reflect this promise. We are promised to always have his spirit to be with us. There are many funcions, and many blessings that come form the Holy Ghsot, but in particular I would like to share 3. 

1: He testifies of God the Father, and Christ his 
2: Reveals the truth of all things
3: Through his power we are sanctified, purified, and cleansed.

Through this gift from our father in Heavan, we can always be clean, always be worthy. Yet it is our job to repent, and be worthy of his companionship! The sacrement ordinance is so important! 

I love this Gospel! I love my Father in Heavan, and I love my Savior Jesus Christ! I know that his antoning Power is real! I know that He lives! I know that only through his sacrifice can we be forgiven, and return to live with him! I know and testify with all my heart that this is the Church of Christ! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint is the restored Church of Christ! I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, I know that the Book of Mormon is true! I love you all! 



--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: