Monday, June 26, 2017

The Blessing of Sacrifice

Hey everyone! Life´s good! We just keep working here in Honduras! Here in Copan Ruinas we have really been focusing on helping the members work in Gods work, and help with his work. This week we started working with in something called ¨Plan de Accion¨ we really hope that it will help, all the members really like to be visited, so we are hoping that they will be willing to sacrifice and serve a little themselves to visit. 

As for the investigadors we have, there are all doing well. They have desires to go to church and learn more, but never do it. We know the time will come. This week we were also able to find some great new families. We hope that they can progress, and accept the gospel of our lord Jesus Christ. 

As always, in the mission I am continually learning. Something that I feel is verry important, is the we serve and sacrifice for the Gospel and Christ. I dont find it councidence that as we read the New Testemant, Jesus Christ is constantly teaching us and his deciples that to follow him won´t be easy. That to follow him will be a challenge, but in the end the blessing will be unbelievable. Let me give you some examples.

"He that findeth his life shall lose it, and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it" (Matthew 10:39).

"And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brotheren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands for my names sake, shall recive an hundredfold, and recieve eternal life" (Matthew 19:29).

"But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant" (Matthew 23:11)

"So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple¨ (Luke 14:33).

Do we truly understand this principle? We have to willing to give all to our father in Heavan! After all, all we have belongs to him anyway. Now, I know it´s hard. You way be thinking, but Father in Heavan, I´m tired, I´m hungry. And let me tell you, I have done it. There are times here in Honduras that I miss each of you! I miss my family, my nieces and nephews. There are times when I feel like I deserve a break. But, we must remember the example of our lord and savior Jesus Christ! He also had a moment when he didn´t want to, but in the end what did he say?

¨O Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; Nevertheless, no as I will, but as thou wilt¨ (Matthew 26:39).

We must remember Jesus Christ! He after all is the light. We must follow his example, and when it is hard, remember; no as I will, but as thou wilt. Let us serve and sacrifice for our father in Heavan and do his will. It is a fight we are all in. I now it´s not easy. But, it´s possible. 

I love you all! I love this work, and Love our father in Heaven. Let us serve him. He needs us. Because we all need him, he needs us to share that message. 

I love you all with all my heart! Have a great week!

--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: