Monday, September 4, 2017

Charity

Hey everyone! We have had a super busy week again! All is going verry well, and my companion and I are working hard, and trying to help the work progress here in our area, as well as in the stake and zone!

On sunday we went to visit each ward with the stake mission leader, Moroni, and a return missionary hace 1.5 years. It was good, we did follow up on the return missionary activity. We are really trying to get the missionaries and the members to work. It is so important. 

As I have been a missionary I have really come to understand that this is a team effort. If the members and the missionaries don´t work together it is verry difficult to have success. Yet, we are working hard, and I know that if we will all work with the members we will have a lot of success! 

I love the mission so much! I was talking to my companion the other day about Charity (The pure love of Christ, not my sister haha. Love you Charity) and we were talking about how amazing it is that Christ loves each and everyone of us despite our weaknesses, yet, us as people are so quick to judge and focus on the weaknesses of others. Elder Santos then told me, "We call everyone our brothers and sisters, but we just need to treat them and truly believe they are our brothers and sisters." As I though more about it, it is really true. All of those whom I truly love, my friends, my family, I love them. I love them because I see past there weaknesses, I see there strengths, and I see and know that they can improve. If we can all learn to see all of God´s children in this way, all of our brothers and sisters we will have charity!

I am so thankful for those in my life who had Charity towards me. I am far from perfect, yet because certain people in my life could see past my weaknesses, trust and confide in me, and see what I at the moment, or in moments cannot see, I have become who I am to day, and will continue to become who God will make me tomarrow. 

Charity has power! Love is the center of the gospel! For this reason Paul tought, "Though I speak with tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith,so that I could romove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing" (1 Corinthians 13:1-2).  

We must develop the gift of Charity! We must learn to love others as Christ loves us. I pray that we can see past our brothers´ weaknesses and love them for their strengths, and trust in Christ´s atonement, that one day their weaknesses can become strong (Ether 12:27). Let us strive to keep the two great commandments that our Lord and Savior tought, "Though shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, though shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" (Matthew 22:37-39). 

Coincidence? I don´t belive so. As my football coach would so, "Nothing happens for a reason" (Brent Walk). If we learn to love, our God as well as our fellow men, our brothers and sisters, we will "Become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure" (Moroni 7:48). 

I love each and every one of you! I know that these things are true! I know God lives! He is our Father! He has perfect love. He sent his son Jesus Christ who atoned for all our sins. Through him we can change, and all of as can change. Let us love, let us trust in the Atonement of Christ that we all so desperately need! 

I love you my brothers and sister! 
--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: