Monday, September 11, 2017

John 6:33: Seek ye first the Kingdom of God

Hola everyone! Life is going just wonderful! Changes passed this last week, and Elder Santos my companion had changes. He left to finish in Florida Copan. So he will have one change in Copan, and then he goes home in October. So now I have a new companion. My new companion is Elder Chavarría! I am so excited! Him and I were in the same ward for 6 months when I started my mission in San Pedro, and we are now together here in Puerto!

It has been really good, and we have been working super hard. Him and I have been trying to find lots of new Investigadors, and we are trying to talk with everybody we can. As we have put this to practice we have truly seen some miracles. There have been many or reject the message of the restauration, but we have also seen the fulfilment of what Christ says in D&C; 

"And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts" (D&C 29:7).

I have seen the fulfillment of this in these last few days. We really have been able to find the "elect". I know that this is God´s work, and that those who have been prepared, those who humble themselves and truly have the desire to follow Christ and do his will, these are they whom are elect, these are they whom will hear his voice.  

It is my hope and prayer that we can all humble ourselves before the lord, so we will not harden our hearts. I feel like one of the hardest things for me as a missionary is not getting down and discouraged when people choose not to follow Christ for fear of men. Even in the scriptures we can read of those who tated of the fruit (1 Nephi 8:28), or believed in Christ (John 12:42), yet in the end they turned away. All of this because "They loved the praise of men more than the praise of God" (John 12:43). 

So today, I would like to propose the question to each of you, along with myself. 

Do we love the praise of men more than the praise of God? 

I think this is a question we need to ask ourselves more then once, and I´m sure if we are honest with ourselves, there will always be some area in which we can improve. And if we still are not sure, I would invite you to meditate the words of King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon,

"And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be no other name given nor any other way nor means whereby salvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent. For behold he judgeth, and his judgement is just; and the infant perisheth not that dieth in his infancy; but men drink damnation to their own souls except they humble themselves and become as little children, and believeth that salvation was, and is, and is to come, in and through the atoning blood of Chrsit, the Lord Omnipotent. For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a Child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father. And moreover, I say unto you, that the time shall come when the knowledge of a Savior shall spread throughout every nation, kindred, tongue, and people. And behold, when that time cometh, none shall be found blameless before God, except it be little children, only through repentance and faith on the name of the Lord God Omnipotent" (Mosiah 3:17-21).

I know these things are true! The Gospel of Christ is not about what we want. It is about what He wants. The Gospel of Christ is not about doing our own will, but aligning our will with his. After all, Faith and Repentance means to Follow and Change. If we are not doing his will, as simple as it may be, I would exhort you to Change dirrections, follow him with complete trust and faith!

This is a blessing. I am not perfect. None of us are. We all fall short, but the blessing is that through Humility and Love, through complete trust and faith which leads to repentace, we can be saved, we can return home, and our mistakes and sins can be washed away. 

I know this is true! Please ponder the question: Do we love the praise of men more than the praise of God? If we do, which we all do in some small or simple way, change! Let us humble ourselves bofere the Lord!

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth! I know that God the Father and his son Jesus Christ visited to prophet Joseph Smith. I know that they called him as a prophet and that latter the priesthood authority was restored. Dont love the praise of men more than the praise of God. The Book of Mormon is the evidence of these truths. Humble yourself before the Lord. Read the Book, pray and ask God with all true intention to follow him, and I promise he will respond. He has done so for me, and he will do so for each of his beloved children if they will so ask in faith and humility!

I love you all with all my heart! Have an excelent week!
--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: