Monday, September 25, 2017

"Ye do well that ye take heed!"

Hey everyone! Life is going just great here in Puerto! My companion and I are working as hard as ever, and we are enjoying our time together. Elder Chavarría is super awesome, and he makes me want to be so much better. This week found a ton of people, and we have just been teaching like crazy. On sunday we had José Roberto Armijo come to church for the second time. We had a baptismal date with him, but found out he is not married, so we will continue working with him so he can get married. We also had Cyntia and her son Kelvin. They are a great family. Her husband, Albert also had an interview last week for a new job so he can keep the sabath day holy and go to church on sundays. They are going to married and baptized in November. Also Jade, the sister of the bishop came to church for the second time! She is preparing for her baptism. She is going to be baptized the 5th of October! It is such a joyful experience to invite and help people come unto Christ! There is so much work to do here!

Sunday my companion and I both talked in Church. Elder Chavarría gave a great talk about missionary work, and 6 tools we can use to help us help others learn about the restored gospel and invite others to come unto Christ. What cought my atention most was he talked about being worthy and being a good example. I feel that is key!

I talked about the importance of leaders and revelation. I am so thankful for Prophets and Apostoles and lider´s who recieve revelation and direction to guide us as we follow Jesus Christ. Like the time of the Apostle in the New Testament Peter said, 

"We have also a more sure word of Prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed... For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:19-21). 

I know that like times of old we have prophet and apostles here on the earth. Jesus Christ is guiding his church through his servants! We do well if we take heed. I want to invite each of you to take heed. Listen to what these holy men have to tell us as they are moved by the Holy Ghost. Saturday and Sunday of this week! I love the General Conference! I know that God wants each of us to be there! 

I love you all! 

--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: