Monday, March 12, 2018

Good and Truth

This has been a great week! It has been good to work again! I love teaching the Gospel and inviting people to come unto Christ. The area is great. The members are good, and our Mission Leader is awesome! Although it is a trickey area compared to all the others I have had. It is a very large area. There is one part in the mountain where the poorer or more humble people live. Then right next to them is a part where rich people live. The houses are very large, and it is almost impossible to contact the houses. Then in the city it is tricky to find houses because there are lot´s of buisnesses. Yet we are working hard and seeking the Lord´s will through prayer. But none the less, this is God´s work and he is preparing great thing!

This week we had a baptism! Gladys Tablada was baptized! She is such a great lady, and she was so prepared! It was a great expreience because a member named Otoniel Manley had invited her to the church a long time ago, and he was able to baptize her! We are working with her so she can go to the temple at the end of this month!

Other then that the work is continuing! This week as I have been studying my mind has contempated upon many things, and I beleive the greatest lessons I have learned is the great need to have faith, and what faith truly is. I find it interesting to see that so often in our world so many people think truth is relative. Good and bad  is a matter of opinion. And that we should just do "What feels right" and "what makes us happy." But isn´t this completely contrary to the plan of God? The plan of happiness is about humility, trust, love, and obedience. It is about recongnizing that I don´t know all things but my Father in Heaven does. It is about humbling myself before  him, trusting in him, loving him, and fully, faithfully and completely obeying and following him. 

There is good and bad, truth and lies, only as we put our full trust in God will we be able to recongnize all good and all truth. And by heading his counsel and harkening unto his voice may we be filled with light and truth and become trully happy prefect holy saints. Only in this may we become like the Father and return to his presence in a state of never ending happiness. I leave my testimony that God loves us! That he sent his only beggotten son to offer us this happiness. It is up to us if we will come unto him harken unto his voice, by faith, repent of our sins and keep his commandments. 

I bear my testimony that The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ which has been given to the world so that all may repent and know that Jesus Christ is the messiah! I love you all! I love this Gospel! We all have great need to repent of our sins and follow our savior in obedience and humility! 

--


Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Colonia Prado Alto 22 Calle 10 Avenida S.O
100 metros al Este de Bullevar del Sur
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: