Monday, March 5, 2018

Learning

Helo everyone! Life continues here in Honduras. This week I was once again stuck indoors. I spent a lot of time in the Family Histsory Library here in the church. It was an interesting week with lots of ups and downs, but the good news is that Tomorrow I can get back to work! I am so excited to get back to work. I love teaching and I love talking with people about the Gospel. I find such peace and joy in doing so. 

Although yesterday I was thinking about what God wanted me to learn from this expierence that I have had and I beleive he wanted me to learn to be selfless. This has been hard because I have thought a lot in myself. I beleive God wants us to turn outwards and serve and love others. I was inspired by Alma and the Sons of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon because once they are converted to Christ and repent of their sins all of their efforts were to help others and teach the Gospel, they no longer were worried about their own prideful desires. 

Yet during these 2 weeks I have thought a lot about "me." Why this was happening to me? What could I do to not be boared? What could I do to have fun? What could I do to be happy? When I beleive God wanted me to turn outward and help someone else. 

I am glad that tomorrow I can get back to work. I am glad that God is so merciful. I love this Gospel and love being a missionary!

--


Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Colonia Prado Alto 22 Calle 10 Avenida S.O
100 metros al Este de Bullevar del Sur
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: