Monday, March 26, 2018

AN ANCHOR IN CHRIST

Hey everyone! Everything is going great! This week was a good week, and I continue to learn and grow. This change God has tought me so much about Humility, and  Patience, and I feel I need to develop more love and charity. God is always teaching me and shaping me and challenging me that I might grow. At times I ask why it´s so hard, but at the end I am so grateful that it is not easy. 

I love the mission and love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It´s so interesting to see how peoples lives could change, or change if they would only have faith, believe, and follow our savior Jesus Christ. Truly Faith is the first principle of the Gospel, and as we believe and trust in our Savior and redeemer everything else falls into place. The area I am in here in San Pedro Sula has been a little challenging, but I have learned a lot and have so much that I must improve. I must believe and trust and must do all that I can so God can make the miracles happen. As we center our faith in Jesus Christ and develop a sure Hope in his Atonement and resurrection we will then need to develop Charity. Becuase "he must needs have charity; for if he have not charity he is nothing; wherefore he must needs have charity" (Moroni 7:44).

And what is Charity?

"Charity Suffereth long" (Charity is patience and long suffering)
Charity "is kind" (Compassionate, Gentle, loving, friendly)
Charity "envieth not" (Is not Jelous)
Charity "is not puffed up" (Not prideful, is humble)
Charity "seeketh not her own" (Is not selfish, serving)
Charity "is not easily provoked" (stirred to anger)
Charity "thinketh no evil"  (Virtue)
Charity "rejoiceth not in iniquity"  (Virtue)
Charity "rejoiceth in truth" (Virtue)
Charity "beareth all things" (Diligence)
Charity "believeth all things" (Faith)
Charity "hopeth all things" (Hope)
Charity "endureth all things" 
"CHARITY IS THE PURE LOVE OF CHRIST"

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen" (Moroni 7:48)

I am looking forward to this weekend! We will have the time to celebrate Easter Weekend, the Resurection of Jesus Christ by listening to his words through his authorized servants here in the world. I am grateful for the teaching and guidance of Prophets, seer, and revelators! They are the ones whom Christ has called that we may gain this faith, and hope that we may, through the gospel of Jesus Christ become even as Christ is. That we may one day have Charity. That we may become sons of God. I invite each of you to join us this General Conference April 2018! This link contains all the informaltion of the Conference! 

I love you all! 



--


Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Colonia Prado Alto 22 Calle 10 Avenida S.O
100 metros al Este de Bullevar del Sur
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: