Monday, May 14, 2018

The Book of Mormon (when ye shall receive this record)

Where can I even begin.... I LOVE HONDURAS! It was so great to see my family yesterday! I love them all so much. I´m looking forward to seeing everyone again. Yet the mission life continues and the blessings continue to be sent.

Today in the morning we were told that my companion will be leaving this area and will go to train and open an area. I love Elder Fragata and am thankful for all he has tought me! I will also be training my last change here in Honduras. I look forward to learning more from another child of God and am continually inspired from all I learn from each and every one of my companions and all those whom I have been blessed to know over the course of my life. Truly God is perfect. And his plan is perfect. I know that he watching out for me as well as each and every one of us. It is up to us to listen and be obedient to his spirit and counsel. 

Now, I want to tell you all a great story from what happened just yesterday after talking with my family. We left to work and had a couple of appointments, but one fell through and there was an old investigador who lives by close. Her name is Daniela River. She has 17 years and we were teaching her for about a month, she was reading the book of mormon, but she wouldn´t ask God if it was true. We invited her over and over again to ask God if it was true, to ask God if Joseph Smith was a true prophet. Yet she didn´t seem to be progresssing so we told her there was nothing else we could do to help her until she was ready to excersice faith in Jesus Christ and ask the Father if this was the correct path for her to fallow. And all this last week I couldn´t stop thinking that we needed to go back and visit her. We passed by 2 or 3 times this last week, but was never there. Finally when we passed by and sunday she was there. We said hi and talked a little, and then we asked her how her reading of the Book of Mormon was going. She rospended, "Great!" She then continued, "I started from the beginning and am now in Alma..." We couldn´t believe it! We then asked if she had asked God if it was true, and she told us, "Yes... I didn´t believe before, but now I do!"

I know this work is true! I know that the Book of Mormon is true! 

"Therefore, when ye shall receive this record ye may know that the work of the Father has commenced upon all the face of the land. Therefore, repent all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me, and believe in my gospel, and be baptized in my name; for he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned; and signs shall follow them that believe in my name. And blessed is he that is found faithful unto my name at the last day, for he shall be lifted up to dwell in the kingdom prepared for him from the foundation of the world. And behold it is I that hath spoken it. Amen" (Ether 4:17-19). 

This is the work of God! I so testify! I love you all! 

--


Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Colonia Prado Alto 22 Calle 10 Avenida S.O
100 metros al Este de Bullevar del Sur
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: