Monday, January 23, 2017

Faith, Hope, and Charity!

Hey everyone! Life continues here in Honduras! The summer is now coming, yesterday was a really hot day, with lots of humidity, It´s gonna be lots of fun! I am doing great! It´s was a tough day yesterday, but all is well.

Well, we have been working verry hard, and had a date for baptism with a lot of our investidadors. But this last week my companion and I decided to focus on Familia Molina. They are a great family, but have been struggling fulfilling there commitments like reading praying, and going to church, so we dedicated the week to explaining the improtance of the 3 things. First and for most, as we read the scriptures we learn, and as we learn we apply (In other words, excercise our faith) And as we act we have the desire to change, and we must pray to repent, and then when we repent we must be baptized to be cleansed from our sins that we have repented of, or renew our baptismal covanents through the sacrement at church. Really these three steps, reading the scriptures, praying, and going to church, make up the last doctrine of christ, Enduring to the End. We explained all of this to family molina, we felt the spirit, and friday night, they all expressed the desire to be baptized, and they were all starting to act. Yet, then came Sunday and they didn´t go to church, we talked to them after, and they told us that they didn´t want to continue... It was so hard for me. I love this family so much, we have been teaching them for three months, we have seen there faith grow, yet they don´t want it. At least not right now.

I think this is one of the hardest parts about the Gospel is that our father in Heavan as blessed each of us with the gift of agency. We are all free to act for ourselves, and choose weather we want to follow the path God as given us or not. (2 Nephi 2:27) Yet, with all that said I have hope! I know that this family is a great family! I love them, and I know God loves them, and that will never end. And, the greatest part, is the gospel is always thier, Christ is always there waiting at the door. Wether it is 1 month, 2 years, 20 years down the road, Christ will still be waiting, God the father and Jesus Christ will still be loving! I can´t help but think of the story of Alma the younger. He was destroying the church of God, yet in one of his most difficult moments he remembered the words of his father teaching about a christ (Alma 36:17), and in this moment Alma the younger chose to repent and open the door. And there was Christ waiting. 

Through our savior Jesus Christ we all can change, we all can be forgiven, and we all can follow the path he has given us (Faith, Repentance, Baptism through the authority of God, recieving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the End), it is our choose, wether that be today, tommorrow, or in 50 years christ will be there. But my hope and prayer for all mankind, is let that day be today! Why wait when it´s a simple as opening the door! 

I love the Gospel of Christ! It´s not easy watching people refuse to accept somthing that I know will bless there lifes, but I have hope, and I trust and know that our Father in Heavan has a plan! I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is the only Church with the authority of God, and the fullness of the Gospel! I know the Book of Mormon, along with the Bible is the word of God! I know Christ is always waiting at the Door!

I love you all! Let us have Faith, let us have Hope, let us have Charity!

--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: