Monday, January 16, 2017

Firm Foundation

Hey Everyone! I hope all is well! I am doing fantastic! This last week was a little interesting. We did a lot of service!

Particularly on saturday. Elder Barrientos and I started painting at 8:00, then we went to help a family move at 11, and then went to help onother family move at 4, and didn´t finish until about 7:30. We were basically doing 12 hours of service without stopping. I was really tired, but it was great! I love serving!

This week I was a little dissapointed and sad, because we only had 2 investigadors in the church, and we were expecting a lot more. But Church was really good! We learned about the Plan de Area here in central america. The most surprizing part to me is the reinforcment of the importance of praying, reading the scriptures and asisting the church. I find it very interesting that these 3 things that we as missionaries are always teaching are the same three things that is being reinforced for the members. I have been thinking about the importance of these things alot. I kind help but think about the scripture in Heleman 5:12, which says we must build our foundation in christ, and we won´t fall. Reading the scriptures, praying, and going to church build that foundation, weather it is for investigadors, or members. The 3 principles are very, extremely, the MOST important. It is our foundation. If we don´t have a foundation, we don´t have anything. It like the parable in the bible. We can´t build a house on the sand, we have to build a house on a rock. Reading, praying, and going to church is the rock! 

I love learning! I love growing! I love being a missionary! I love these people here so much! I know that these 3 principles are the key to building a great house. I love the Gospel! We must always stay focused in the little things! 

I love you all! 
--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: