Monday, January 2, 2017

Feliz Año Nuevo!!!

Hey everyone! Happy New year! I can´t believe it is 2017! Life is great here in Honduras! Christmas and New year were verry different as a missionary, but wonderful! Here in Honduras there were tons of fireworks, it was impossiple to sleep with all the loud noises all night long! 

This week we have had some true miracles! We have been continually working with familia Caballero, and this week they told us they were ready to get married, and have all the papers they need. We helped them set goals, and they are planning on getting married the 11th of this month! The mom also asked how soon they can get baptized after they are married! Familia Caballero is awesome and I am so excited for them! Nohelia is already baptized, and we are hoping to baptized Maylin the mom, cezar the dad, and Helen the other daughter! 

The sad part of this week was Familia Molina. They are a great family that we have been teaching, Iris the mom, Yadira, Delci, the daughters. They are super good, but they kind of lost interest this week. My companion and I have been praying and thinking about them all week. Then Yadira was the only one who came to church. Last Night we went to there house and we decided to follow the spirit, more then anything they haven´t been praying and reading, and Iris explained to us that it wasn´t worth it to walk so far (The chapel is about 20-30 minutes away) for just another church, She said they all speak about God, and she didn´t need to walk so far. We then explained the importance of the Book of Mormon, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints isn´t just another Church, but is the Church of God and if they read and pray they will come to know for themselves! 

I testify and I know that God restoured to authority to the earth! I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only church that has the authority to baptize! The most amazing part of what we share as missionaries, and what we believe as members of the church is, it is either true or not. I am either here in Honduras preaching and teaching truth, or I am wasting my time! But, I know it is true! I know the Book of Mormon is true! I know God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith, I know that as it says in Mathew 24:14 the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Kindgom of the father is being tough and is here again on earth! I love my Father in Heavan! I am so grateful to him, and what he has given me! I am so weak, I have so much to improve on, but all is possible with our father!

I love you all! Thank you all for being an example to me! Thanks you all for what you have done, and how you have influenced my life! I love you all!!!

--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: