Monday, October 16, 2017

Hope for Eternal Life

This has been a excelent week! Truly I have been and am being so blessed as a missionary. I love serving the lord and his children. I love this gospel. The work is progressing wondrefully. Elder Chavarría and I are working so hard, and we are having great success. We found another great family this last week, and we are super excited to teach them more. This week we will have the Baptism of Jade Motiño, the sister of the bishop. She is so ready and excited to make this promise with God. We also have scheduled a baptism with Familia Sauceda! I am so excited for them. It has been a verry special expereince, because they have such a great desire to follow Christ, and as they read and pray, the spirit truly testifies to them of the truth of this Gospel!

I love missionary work! I love sharing this Gospel! I love the scripture in 2 Nephi 2:8, "Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, asave it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who blayeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the cresurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise." I am grateful that God has permitted me to be a part of this teaching. I am also extremely graterful for the restored Gospel, and the truths we have been given, and the knowledge of the true purpose of Christ suffereing, that we may all repent, come unto him and be perfected by our faith and repentance and by his grace. 

As Moroni teaches, "Yea, acome unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God" (Moroni 10:32). I know that this is the purpose we have. God has sent us to this life, and has sent his only begotten son to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39) that we may be perfected, that we may become like him!

I feel such gratitud and humility to feel the love of God, and such a great desire to improve. I truly love the Gospel! I love our Father in Heavan! I love my Savior! I know that these things are true. All God asks of us is that we have faith in his Son Jesus Christ, trust and fallow him, repent of our sins, make and keep covanents (Promises) and endure, being faithful until the end. 

Do we trust God? Do we trust Christ? Are we willing to put our faith and hope in his "Great commandments; and be faithful unto his words, and choose eternal life" (2 Nephi 2:28)?

I testify and believe with all my heart the words of Moroni, "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God" (Ether 12:4).

Let us have Faith, and therefore hope for a better world. Even a perfect world, where we may partake of eternal life! I love you all! This is true! I know these things are true! 

--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: