Monday, October 2, 2017

Trust, Love, and Stay Firm through The Book of Mormon

Hey everyone! I hope all is going well for each of you. As for me all is excelent! Elder Chavarría and I are working hard as ever. We thoroughly enjoyed the General Conference and the words of our inspired leader. I am so grateful for the prophets and apostles and that God has called them in this work, and he leads and directs them that they may guide us in this lifes Journy back to our Heavanly Home.

My Companion and I have continued to talk with all those we can to share this special Gospel message with the world, and continue to work with those who have a true and sincere desire to learn and humbly follow Christ. A cool story of this week is on Friday Elder Chavarría and I were walking down the street when we saw an older couple sitting outside there house and we felt the impresion to stop and speek with them. We asked if we could rest and speak with them a little, and sat down and started to talk. We ended up talking about the Book of Mormon and the key role it plays in the restoration of the truth of the Doctrine of Christ and a powerful testimony of Him. They showed a lot of interest, and the Spirit was verry strong. We invited them to the General Conference to listen to the Prophets and Apostles of Christ in these latter days, they said they would come Sunday Morning. Then on Sunday they came, and after the session they said, "We loved it! We will be here again next week!" Elder Chavarría and I are so excited for them, and we know they have truly felt the spirit. I know there are so many people who are prepared to recieve this Gospel, and all people need it. I truly love my Savior, and I love our God! He has truthfuly created a amazing plan, and has offered as everything through his mercy and love. Elder Chavarría and I are seeing so many miracles, and we will continue to work! We had a lot of people come to the Conference, and we are grateful to our Father in Heavan who has permited us to help bring his children home. 

As for the Conference. This was a spiritual feast (Manjar)! I love the General Conference! I was able to learn so much and feel the spirit, and I know that these men have been called of God to lead his Church in the last days. For me personaly there are 3 points to this conference that stood out, 

1: Trust in the Lord and Fallow him.
2: Turn outward through Charity and Service.
3: The Book of Mormon is the Key.

I feel that truly God trust us so much, but we are so slow to put our full trust in him, this includes full trust in those he calls in his work. I also enjoyed the words of Elder Chrsitofferson who shared the scripture, "He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him" (John 6:48, 56). He then went on to teach, "To eat His flesh and drink His blood is a striking way of expressing how completely we must bring the Savior into our life—into our very being—that we may be one" 

It also called my atention the verry many times we were tought about the importance in Serving to truly show Christilike love, also know as Charity. I loved what Elder Alonso said , "Love without service is like faith without works; it's dead indeed." I also think that Sister Oscarson was inspired as she tought us to begin our service with those all around us, she tought, "How much value is there in fixing the world if the people around us are falling apart and we don't notice? Heavenly Father may have placed those who need us closest to us, knowing that we are best suited to meet their needs." We have so many opurtunities to serve each and every day. We just need to take the time to look around us and love our fellow men. 

I also loved the focus that was put on the Book of Mormon and follow up from what President Thomas S. Monson tought last Conference. I enjoyed most thoroughly the Promise and testimony given by President Nelson, "My dear brothers and sisters, I promise that as you prayerfully study the Book of Mormon every day, you will make better decisions—every day. I promise that as you ponder what you study, the windows of heaven will open, and you will receive answers to your own questions and direction for your own life." I know that this promise is true. I also enjoyed the words of Elder Callister who tought, "The Book of Mormon is not only the keystone of our religion, but it can also become the keystone of our testimonies so that when trials or unanswered questions confront us, it can hold our testimonies securely in place." In these days we need to continue and stay firm. Satan is working harder then ever to bring misery and sadness into our lifes, and the Book of Mormon is the key to keep us firm in the only path that leads to true and everlasting happiness. 

I bear my solemn testimony that these men are and have been called of God. That the words they spoke were truly the words that Christ himself feels we need. I testify that Jesus Christ is the savior of the World, that God is our Father, and The Holy Ghost will lead us and guide us home if we will yield to his enticings and put of the natural man. I testify that the Priesthood Power has been restored so the Atoning Power of Jesus Christ can be accessible. I believe and know these things to be true!

I love each and every one of you with all my heart! 

--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: