Monday, October 23, 2017

The JOY of the Gospel!

Helo everyone! Life is going absolutely fantastic! I love being a missionary, and can honestly say I have never been so happy! If I could explain the way I feel as I missionary, the way I feel when I teach of Christ, the way I feel when I feel the spirit in a lesson, the way I feel as I read and study the scriptures and learn of the Doctrine of Christ, I would use one word: JOY!

I love a scripture in The Book of Mormon that explains perfectly the way I feel, Alma says, 

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do anot bglory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. 

And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember awhat the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me" (Alma 29:9-10).

My Companion and I are being blessed, and truly God has permitted us to be an instrument in his hands to bring some souls to repentance. This week Jade Motiño, the Bishops sister was baptized! It was one of the most joyful experiences, and truly the Holy Ghost was manifested! Following the ordinance, The bishops son, Moises, and his girlfriend sang, and then Bishop and Jade shared there thoughts and feelings. The spirit was so strong, and it made all the sacrifice worth it! 

After the Baptism I was talking to my companion. I told him, you know, after feeling the spirit so strong, and having such great joy to see people come unto Christ, it makes everything worth it. Leaving your family, your house, your friends, football, basketball, cars, movies, phones, girls. None of it really matters! The joy is so great! This week it has rained every day, and every day when we got home we were soked, and every day my feat got wet. They got so wet, that in the night I couldn´t wait to get to the house so I could take of my shoes and rest my feat. But after the Joy, the Joy that comes through repentance, it no longer mattered! 

I love this Gospel with all my heat! I love each and every one of you! I know that the Joy and Happiness we are all looking for comes through repentance and fallowing Christ! This is truly the work of God! I´m sure of it! I know it! How? The spirit tells me, everytime I pray, every time I read the scriptures, every time I go to church, the spirit testifies the truthfulness of it! How can each of us now for ourselves? We must do the things that God tells us to, so the spirit can tell us it´s right. This is Faith! To act, to obey, to look for Christ by fallowing him. In this way, we invite and open our hearts to the spirit, and then we will know! I know these things are true! I love you all with all my heart! Thanks for all your prayers and support! 
--

Elder Trenton Horace Harmon

Letters
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
12 calle, Avenida Circunvalación, 
S.O. Edificio Yude Canahuati,
3 Nivel, Oficina #4
San Pero Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

Packages
Mission Honduras San Pedro Sula Oeste
Apartado Postal 1956
San Pedro Sula, Cortés, Honduras, C.A.

No comments: